We have a lot of happy times here on the Sooy Kids blog, but it's not always day trips, ice cream, crafts, and silly faces. There are mountains of laundry, unending grocery lists, daycare issues, booger-y sleeves, crumb-y floors, and tantrums, too. Since this blog is a scrapbook/baby book for the kids, we like to keep the mood positive but sometimes things happen that are out of our control. The Sooy Kids lost their Great Aunt Eileen this past weekend and we're upset and saddened by the loss.
I read a quote on the internet yesterday attributed to Dr. Seuss: "Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory." I think back to the many moments (both before and after the Sooy Kids arrived) that we have had at holidays, get-togethers, and visits. These moments have built up in my mind as memories and I'm glad to have them. It is good to be able to tell the kids about these memories in order to keep the memory of my Aunt Eileen, a/k/a "Baby Luke's Gramma", preserved for them and for me.