The kids played on the wooden train out front while we got our bearings...
Then we checked the kids' heights relative to the farm's scale:
After a quick potty break, we checked out some of the activities - there was rubber duckie racing:
And a "left-turn only" maze to warm up in. I asked Sean to give me a "serious" face so that I could match up a current picture of him...
...with a picture of Seanybear at almost 6 months old!!!
Soon, it was time for the "stalk talk" - which is when we are given our instructions for the maze.
Family selfie!
And then it was time to get lost! I snapped this picture of the kids a couple of minutes into our adventure - I feel like I should have a caption contest for this one:
Inside the maze, we took little breaks to try out different obstacles and play equipment.
We made sure to take a break to refuel our energy stores with kettle corn:
Say "haybale!" "Haybaby!!!"
And then we were finished! We found and collected all of the puzzle pieces that make up the map and soon we were on our way out of the maze! Hooray!
We celebrated by checking out the barnyard - the kids looked at and/or pet baby goats, sheep, llamas, piggies, and the biggest bunny I've ever seen. And the main attraction of course, was the baby chicks:
After we'd had enough of the animals, we headed up to the pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins!!
Periodically throughout the day, the Strasburg train would chug by the farm and the kids loved hearing the whistle blow and then squeal about all the smoke coming out of the train.
The kids took a turn on the giant pillow bounce and then the big slides.
After the slides, we got one more snack and then headed home. What a great way to kick off our fall!


























