Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Due Date, Little Sister!

Well, this feels oddly familiar. It's Little Sister's Due Date and she's nowhere to be found. We do have a few more hours left in the day, but still...

All the pregnancy websites and books are congratulating me for making it to the finish line. Little Sister could be anywhere between 7-10 lbs and 18-21 inches long. At birth, she'll have 300 bones, but some will fuse together over time, so she'll end up with 206. I've been reading that no one really knows what starts labor for sure, but one idea is that the baby sends out hormones to the placenta to get things going - which means she'll come out when she's good and ready!

So, we're ready and waiting - Thom John is done with the Spring semester (hooray!!), I'm good to stop working whenever I like, and I think Pepper and Sean are ready for us to stop talking about Sister and to just bring her home, already! :-)

Pepper kept watch for the new baby for a little while today:But he eventually gave up and napped for a few hours:Sean could care less about his sister's whereabouts. He was engrossed in his dinner and then demanded to watch one of the nature videos he currently loves to watch on You Tube ("watch the Yaks, Mommy!"). He went to bed after a nice bath and several readings of Eric Carle's "The Grouchy Ladybug" and "The Very Busy Spider."