Friday, April 22, 2011

39 Weeks

We're less than a week away from Sister's due date! The only things she should be working on are gaining chub to get ready for life on the outside and perhaps making her way outside. I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday which went fine except my blood pressure was a bit high, so the doctor had me come back this morning and everything was normal.

The doctor felt Sister in my belly and determined that she's still head down and then asked me if I wanted to feel Sister's head! She guided my hands around my belly and there it was - it was so weird! I'm very familiar with her feet, knees, and elbows - but her head? That was nuts!

Anywho, the doctor also mentioned that the practice has changed their policy on post-term inductions and won't let me go past 41 weeks - which would be May 5 (hope that doesn't mess anyone's baby pool entry up!). So that kind of puts an expiration date on Sister's stay and helps me work out my last week (or two) at work.

And here's my week 39 belly shot!!