Thursday, August 5, 2010

Getting ready

Thom John and I are thinking about where we want to go on vacation this Christmas and a couple of ideas include taking the Sooy Baby overseas - which means Seanybear needs a passport. And a passport photo. I got the idea that it would be easier(!) to take Sean's photo here at home and upload it to a website that will crop the photo and send us the prints by mail. We did this for Thom John a couple of years ago and it worked great.

My strategy was to repeatedly press the shutter button and hope we'd get at least one photo that meets the requirements of the U.S. State Department.

For the white or light-colored backgroud, we draped a white towel over the chair we use for Sean's Winnie photos.

That's a good start, I like the requisite neutral expression - but can you try looking at the camera please?
Close, but apparently your teeth can't show.
Umm... no seltzer boxes, either. How did that get in your room, anyway?
Dance break!

This is fun, but we have to get back to business! Give me something I can use.

We're not looking for the next cover of GQ, Seany.
I don't think you're taking this seriously!
Hmmm, maybe lying down is a good idea. Let's move to the floor...
Several things are not right here: 1) the crumply, two-toned background; 2) a decidedly un-neutral expression; 3) exposed teeth; and 4) mommy's freakish hand. Yikes.
And again!
Well, we wouldn't need passports for Hawaii. :-)