We got a second snow day today! As of last night the kids had a delayed opening, but this morning I got an email from the principal that school was closed today (of course I read the email right after I'd finished explaining to Sean that we could play in the morning and watch a little Mickey Mouse on TV but we were definitely going to school today!!!).
So what'd we do with our bright and sunny snow day? After a delicious breakfast of waffles (or wackles as Clare calls them), we did some drawing - Clare really loves to play with dry-erase markers!
We played games...
We did some crafts - we made collages to sharpen our cutting skills:
Clare also loves glue sticks!
And of course, no snow day is complete without playing outside!
We found some animal footprints and tried to track them through the woods, but the clever animal jumped over a bush and we lost the trail - oh well! Then I pulled the kids around and around on the sled and then they took turns pulling each other.
And of course, we made a snowman - complete with pinecone eyes and carrot nose (much to Clare's dismay, I couldn't find a magical hat):
After we came inside, it was time for lunch. After a few harrowing minutes of a full-blown tantrum, Clare actually asked to go down for a nap BEFORE lunch! She end up sleeping for about 3-1/2 hours, so I guess the poor birdy was really tired.
The rest of the day was all about games, toys, books, and "Happy Feet." Hooray for snow days!