Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Random

This week, Sean's class is learning about the feeling "worry" and what it means to feel worried.  His teacher asked if anyone could remember a time when they were worried. Sean told his class about the time when "we were in the airport and I got lost from my Mommy and Daddy and the police found me and they took me to the police station and they gave me a cookie and they were nice but I was worried that my Mommy and Daddy couldn't find me!" Thankfully Sean's teacher knows that Sean is a great storyteller because this did not happen! In fact, I've told Sean that if we ever get separated from each other, he should look for a police officer/someone in uniform to help him. At least I know he was (kind of) listening to me.

We just sent in an application for Sean to attend full-day kindergarten at our local public school this fall!

Clare started her own Little Kicks class a couple of Saturdays ago. The focus for this age group is on good listening and accomplishing small tasks. Clare really liked the mini-obstacle course her coach set up for the kids last Saturday - she loved weaving in and out of cones as fast as a racecar! 

The kids can't get enough oranges. Clare likes them cut up in slices with the rind on and Sean prefers his slices cut as cleanly as possible - "No white stuff, please Mommy!"

I made some hot chocolate for the kids on our snow day last week and now whenever they feel a chill, they'll say "I'm cold Mommy, maybe some hot chocolate will warm me up? With marshmallows, too?"

The kids love the movie "Frozen." They like to watch video clips on-line, listen to the soundtrack, and read books from the movie.

Clare spent Sunday afternoon in her "Pinkerbell Princess Pea Sparkly Dress!!!!" complete with tiara and wand... Sean was the grumpy dragon every princess needs by her side :-)