Saturday, May 16, 2015

Farmer's El Opening Day

Hooray!  It's really Spring now!  On the first Saturday of May, the Farmer's El opened up and the kids were very excited to get back to the market.  Sean looked forward to kettle corn and Clare looked forward to a blueberry muffin and... clams!!  We went right after baseball on a warm, sunny morning.

Because it was opening day, there were some special additions to the market including a group having a fundraiser with facepainting!  Clare chose a rainbow for her cheek:

Sean also chose a rainbow...

...and Spiderman!

"Why did Seany get two face paints and I only got one?"  By the time I realized this (rookie) mistake, the line for face painting was rather long.  And we were hungry for lunch!

So we stopped at the Pour House for lunch...

...and Clare and I ducked into the bathroom and she got another cheek "face painted" and all was well :-)