Sunday, June 1, 2014

Outside

The weather is so nice out after school these days, so we've been playing at the playground, blowing bubbles, riding bikes, and playing with chalk.  I drew this Yoda for the kids and I was pretty pleased with it and of course, Sean had a great story to go along with it...

"Yoda is flying above our heads and he is coming to our house to bring us presents! Yoda has a walking stick and a 'light-saver' and he will use it against all our enemies!"

After we finished up with chalk on this particular afternoon, we rode bikes down to the creek to see what's going on at the "waterfall."  Sean and Clare made a game of throwing as many sweet gum balls as they could gather into the creek.





The kids really like to come here - they like to look around, throw things into the water, and play hide-and-go-seek.  This is a neat spot in our neighborhood - I even used to take Pepper for a break on long walks on hot days. I'd sit on some rocks and Pepper would work up the courage to try to wade into the water.  


Hide-and-go-seek... Clare is hiding:

Throwing more sweet gum balls:

When we'd had enough of the creek and the woods, Sean hopped back on his bike and Clare trotted along with him while I carried her bike all the way home.