Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tonight

Tonight it was raining instead of snowing. The snow on our lawn is almost all gone!

Tonight we went to the library after school and got a whole bunch of new books, including a new "Star Wars" book for Sean and a Princess Jasmine book for Clare!

Tonight everyone ate their dinners all up without any tears!

Tonight we drew pictures of each other making silly faces... and then we made silly faces at each other!

Tonight the kids sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" together so sweetly, I clapped and cheered extra-loud. Then they asked if they could make a video of themselves singing:

Tonight Sean showed that he can really croon:

Tonight Clare pretended to be shy... but just for a minute!
 

Tonight, after the kids were tucked in, I went downstairs to set out to write this blog post when I heard some commotion on the upstairs landing. Sean and Clare were out of bed and rummaging through a box of books Grummy gave to us a few years ago.  After a few minutes of listening to pages flipping and hushed voices, I heard Sean cough, then Clare exclaimed, "Seany - you have to cover your mouth when you cough!"  Then Sean said, "Sssssssshhhhhhhhh!" to Clare loudly and added "Mommy will hear you!"  That was my cue to go to the bottom of the stairs and say, "Well, I need to go upstairs for something so I hope my kids are in bed!" Immediately, there was a clatter of footsteps and by the time I got upstairs, both kids were in bed and sweetly pretending to be asleep.  Goodnight!