Friday, June 7, 2013

Bedtime in summer

The kids never believe me these days when I say it's time for bed - even after an extra-long bath and reading 3 or 4 books- if the sun is up, it can't possibly be bedtime! Sean almost always says, "but the sun's still awake!"(he's right) and he takes about 6 or 7 trips to the potty before he settles down just after sunset at about 9pm. 


Clare is starting to catch on - she sees these potty breaks as a way to delay bedtime and she's ready to take full advantage.  And it's not like we can refuse her - now that she's starting get into potty training, she'll call out from her crib, "Mommy! Mommmmmy! Mommmeeeeeee! I go potty!" And Sean, the very helpful brother, will call out, "Mommy! Clare has to go potty!  She has to go NOW! Mommy!" And then we hear Clare chime in, "I go potty, too!" 

So everybody gets an extra trip to the potty and of course their sippy cups are refilled and sometime after sunset - 9pm - it gets quiet. :-)