It's snowing tonight. Real snow! It's sticking to the roads! We knew a Nor'easter was coming tonight but we thought we'd have rain - not snow! And it's cold out. Very cold. I can't imagine not having heat or power tonight. We are so fortunate to have come through Sandy pretty much untouched.
Sean was so excited about the snow when we walked out of school this evening - he walked out to the car with his head tilted up and mouth wide open - "I'm eating snow, Mommy! It tastes like chocolate candybars!" Clare liked letting the fat flakes fall on her cheeks and kept saying "no? no? no? yaaaay no!"
 |
| Real snow. Right when it started to accumulate. |
I made sweet potato fries for dinner the other night and I put a bit of salt and pepper on them before serving - this was a mistake since Sean does not like seasonings of any kind on his food right now. When he asked me why his fries were "dirty" I told him they were vitamins to make him big and strong. I don't think he bought it:
 |
| Clare liked the fries - seasonings and all :-) |
We took the kids trick-or-treating on Friday. Governor Christie rescheduled Halloween festivites for Monday, but our mayor got permission to hold trick-or-treating on Friday.
Sean worked each door like a pro with a hearty "Trick or Treat!", taking several handfuls of candy and then he'd turn back and ask if Baby Clare wanted some candy, too. He always ended the visit with "Thank you! Happy Halloween to you, too!"
Clare wasn't very interested in ringing any doorbells or talking to strangers, but as long as she could munch on some candy, she was a happy camper.
 |
| Dribbing chocolate on the hand-glued cotton balls making up her "fleece" |
On Saturday, I took the kids with me to Haddonfield to pick up my race packet for the
Ben Franklin Bridge 10K. Also on the docket for that day was a trip to see
the Hadrosaurus and to see the Sooy Babies' little cousin Luke. Sean was really excited to see the dinosaur and when we got to the Hadrosaurus, he was really let down. He didn't want to see a dinosaur
statue but a
real dinosaur. Oh man, communication breakdown.
Clare didn't mind - she thought the dinosaur was funny.
 |
| "Cheese!" |
After getting over the intial disappointment, Sean perked up with the promise of going to see Baby Luke and playing with all his toys. :-)