Thursday, August 18, 2011

Groceries

A few times this summer, I've taken both Sooy Babies grocery shopping with me since Thom John was busy working on his summer semester course.  On each trip, I buckle Sean into a grocery cart and I bundle Clare into the Bjorn.  Sean is happy to go shopping with me because of the chance to meet new people and to gobble up a bagel - a blueberry bagel - of course.



On one trip I grabbed a new toilet bowl brush and tossed it in the cart.  Sean shouted, "That a brush!  That you hairbrush, Mommy? I want to brush my hair."  I was quick to correct him - "That's not a hair brush, Buggins!" and I thought we were done with it... until a few aisles later, when I was busy looking for a good deal on bread and I hear Sean giggling.  I looked over and saw him brushing his hair with the toilet brush and telling a lady - "It not a hairbrush!"



Another trip was a disaster in a kind of funny way - Clare started squawking about 3 aisles in to the trip and then she was full-on crying for the last 6 aisles before falling asleep at the cash register (of course). And Sean was providing his usual commentary at full volume (when his mouth wasn't full of bagel) to compete with Clare's crying. We must have been quite the spectacle. Anyway, I ended up going a smidge overbudget since I was just grabbing things and trying to get the heck out of there.