Monday's appointment will be a doozy - the one-hour glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. Ick. Yuck. Blech. I am not looking forward to that. Hopefully I pass and won't have to take the three-hour test in a few weeks.
Other than the hip pain, I'm feeling good. Huge like a Thanksgiving Day float, but good. I know I'm carrying differently than I did with Sean because all the tops I wore with Sean are way too short. And the maternity pants I wore with Sean are still loose around the waist. There are two pairs of non-maternity pants in my closet that still fit - they're big pants - but they fit and they're office pants, so that's a major plus. Although I would prefer to wear yoga pants and running clothes everyday.
Another difference between Little Sister and Sean's pregnancies is that I have not felt her hiccup - at all. Sean was a hiccuping champ at this point, but this little girl would rather constantly push her feet up through my ribs, so I guess that's a fair trade? According to the books, Little Sister is also practicing blinking and making breathing movements. She should be about 2.5 or 3 pounds and measure about 16 inches long - the size of a Chinese cabbage. Here's what she looks like from the outside:
We're starting to talk to Sean more about his sister (tister?) and where she is and what she's doing. Last night, when I was taking him out of his carseat, Sean accidently hit my belly. I told Sean to be nice to Sister and he leaned over and gave my belly a loud kiss (kiss tister!) and a big hug. Nice!
Hopefully another signal that things are changing is that we moved Sean into a new bedroom! We're hoping to have the babies to sleep in the same room, but Sean's room was too small for two babies, so we swapped the guest room and the nursery. Sean didn't seem to notice or care that he's in a new room, but maybe he'll get curious when a second crib shows up?