Sunday, February 1, 2009

27 Weeks

These weeks are flying by. On Thursday we hit 27 weeks, which according to some books and websites means I am in the third trimester and according to others, this is the last week of the second trimester. Either way, this kid is growing like a weed - I feel like I gained 5 pounds this week alone. My appetite has been out of control!!!

Here's what Baby Sooy is doing this week:
-The baby's lungs and immune system are continuing to mature.
-He's weighing in at about 2 lbs now and measures 15 inches from head to toe, like a head of cauliflower.
-The babe should have established a regular sleeping and waking schedule - I can't really tell if this is true because it seems like he's pretty busy moving around all day and most of the night.
-Muscle coordination continues to develop and the Sooy Baby may be able to suck his thumb, which helps him soothe himself and gets his jaw and mouth muscles in shape.

I took a belly shot on Tuesday night since I realized I was wearing the same outfit from a previous belly picture and thought it would be neat to compare photos:


On the left is me at 14 weeks, trying pass off first-trimester-bloat as an actual baby belly and on the right is me last Tuesday (26 weeks 5 days), feeling quite proud of myself because I had just run 3.1 miles - take that, bladder!

In other baby-related news:
-I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, during which I get to take my one-hour glucose screening. Cross your fingers that I pass with flying colors!
-Tuesday night, Thom John and I are going to our first baby class: Labor Basics. It's 2.5 hours, so I'd better remember to bring some snacks.