Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock

I'm trying to be a good girl and work hard while I'm at work, but who can think about work when there's so much going on in the next couple of weeks? I'm trying to wait patiently for tomorrow night (the big ultrasound!), various upcoming holiday happenings and VACATION!!

Here are some thoughts rolling around in my head:

-The fall semester is done! Yay! It was so nice last weekend to NOT have any homework, reading, or papers to do!


-Round ligament pain is a killer. It feels like there are Doozers hard at work in my belly building up a nice little infrastructure for the baby. I guess the baby, much like a fraggle, finds the Doozers' product tasty and keeps eating the structures, because there is a lot of building going on. Fortunately, I've been able to combat the RLP with yoga and pilates, in which I'm instructed to "hug the baby" with my abs.

-Thom John felt the baby move on Sunday night. Or was it last night? Saturday night? Anywho, he felt a swift punch (delivered with love, I'm sure) from the little bugger!

-Thom John and I are starting to get serious about setting up the nursery! First thing we need to do is clear out the junky guest room with the hideous blue carpeting and then think of ways to distract from said carpeting.

-I'm soooooooo glad that I'm done with nausea. It's so nice to eat fruits and vegetables again. I'm working hard at keeping my eating under control, but sometimes when I eat, I end up hungrier than I was before I started. Basically, I've been sticking to my training diet with a couple of extra quality snacks added in, but I gotta be honest - fun-size Twix bars and I are getting to be pretty good friends.

-I'm really fighting the urge to make another egg, turkey bacon and english muffin sammich for dinner tonight... that would make 4 sandwiches in 3 days which is a bit much, eh? (I had two on Sunday.)

-Running is making a comeback, no thanks to my bladder which only lets me go about 1.5 miles from the house at one time. But, I no longer feel too jiggly or worry that the baby is going to fall out, so that's a plus.

-The PepperDog has become a good little running buddy to me. I used to get a bit impatient with him - he takes potty breaks wherever, whenever and he's is very easily distracted, but now I'm glad for the walk breaks and meandering, especially because I get short of breath pretty easily.

-I'm making my way into my maternity clothes. I started wearing the pants last week (week 19), but so far most of my tops still fit. The maternity tops I do have still look a bit ridiculous 'cause they're so huge.

-Thom John and I saw "Frost/Nixon" on Saturday. Did you know the actor who plays President Nixon in the film was born in Bayonne, NJ? It's true, according to IMDB!

-Maternity pants are great, I love the elastic waists, but I'd really just like to wear my running clothes to work. I wonder if City Sports is hiring?

-Thom John and I have some appointments set up to tour daycares when we get back from vacation. I need to do some research on what types of questions to ask these places and to find out what I should look for.

-I bruise as easily as an overripe peach these days!