Thursday, November 13, 2008

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

I'm an angry lady these days.

I get mad at every single frickin' red light I hit on the one road that takes me from my house to the train station. I get mad at the other drivers on that one road who are in my way. I get mad at all the people on the train who are sitting, breathing, rustling newspapers, or yapping on their cell phones. I get mad at the conductor because he doesn't drive the train fast enough. And it goes on from there.

I googled "pregnant + anger" and found over 7 million websites that say this is perfectly normal - it's just hormones. Well, that's nice. What the frick do I do about it? Some suggestions include exercise (duh), hypnotherapy (?), deep breathing (yup), eating (okay, I suggested that one), thinking of something happy like puppies (yay!), and avoiding things that aggravate me (hahahahahahahaha).

BUT, I think I'm exaggerating (at least I hope I am). As quickly as I get mad, I'm fine again. Just fine, thank you. In fact, I'm great! How are you doing? Plus, I feel better having read that my angry times don't impact the baby at all. Now I can stop imagining that the baby will come out gnashing tiny, pointy teeth and shooting lasers out of little red eyes.

I think Thom John is handling my moods pretty well - right dear? RIGHT, DEAR? :-) He gives me hugs and feeds me snacks and I'm happy girl again. If only I could bring him to work to help me through the frustrating process of typing my stupid 12-character password to log on to my computer. Aaargh!